Sunday, July 4, 2010

Things to never forget about the past week


1. My sister looking up at me for encouragement while she was in labor and pushing.
2. Seeing the way that my sister looked at Sloane and the way that Sloane looked at her.
3. Being there when my sister had to say goodbye and witnessing what an amazing woman she has become.
4. Ida the very kind nurse that was so good to my sister.
5. French-braiding my sister's hair.

Having been there twice before I know how unbelievably hard and unnatural it is to hand over the precious little life that you have just welcomed into the world. Watching my sister do the very same thing brought up a new love and respect for my sister. I don't know what to say or do and I imagine it was the same for the people that loved me and my babies. But this had nothing to do with me and everything to do with my sister. I saw her change overnight into a mother, a birthmother. And while her journey might be different than mine I hope that I can be there for her... My heart feels heavy and hopeful.


1 comment:

Anita said...

I am so grateful she has you. You, more than anyone knows what she is going through.
I have some amazingly strong daughters. I love you so much!